[Kolab-devel] [issue3384] For sending a smime encrypted mail, the user needs to choose key

Ludwig Reiter kolab-issues at intevation.de
Thu Feb 5 14:17:05 CET 2009

New submission from Ludwig Reiter <ludwig at intevation.de>:

enterprise4 lenny
kdepim 918783
kdepimlibs 918707

I have two account which only differ in the first name and the e-mail address.
(Smoke1 Smoketestuser <smoke1 at test.hq>, Smoke2 Smoketestuser <smoke2 at test.hq>)
I try to send a s/mime encrypted mail from smoke1 to smoke2, but kontact tells
me that more keys fit and asks me to select a key:
* CN=Smoke1 Smoketestuser...
* CN=Smoke2 Smoketestuser...
are selected.
I used the LDAP entry of smoke2 as To-address.
I expect, that kontact just find "CN=Smoke2 Smoketestuser..." and uses this key.

Same happens with enterprise4 windows.

If I change the surname of the smoke2 account, it works.

assignedto: allen
messages: 18421
nosy: allen, bernhard, bh, ludwig
priority: bug
status: unread
title: For sending a smime encrypted mail, the user needs to choose key
topic: kde client, kowi