[Kolab-devel] [issue3382] Crash when displaying forwarded email form the composer

Bernhard Reiter kolab-issues at intevation.de
Thu Feb 5 09:07:31 CET 2009

New submission from Bernhard Reiter <bernhard at intevation.de>:

How to reproduce:
a) do a forward as attachment on an email -> composer appears (C)
b) double click on the attachment -> the attached email appears in a window (E)
   -> you get a dialog that Kontact cannot determine when the Editor is
      finished (O)
c) Now close C, E, and okay O
   -> Crash.

I can reproduce with Debian Etch, versions
3.5.10.enterprise.0.20090131.918764-kk1
3.5.10.enterprise.0.20090121.914162-kk1

The backtrace is not conclusive as we run through QObject::activate_signal.
In the console output there is something interesting. I am attaching
a backtrace and console excerpt from 3.5.10.enterprise.0.20090121.914162-kk1.
there seems to be a problem with KMMessagePart::setCharset().

assignedto: allen
files: kontact-crash-20090205-3.txt
messages: 18411
nosy: allen, bernhard, ludwig, tmcguire
priority: bug
status: unread
title: Crash when displaying forwarded email form the composer
topic: enterprise35, kde client
<https://www.intevation.de/roundup/kolab/issue3382>