[Kolab-devel] Fwd: Cyrus IMAPd 2.3.16 Released

Thomas Arendsen Hein thomas at intevation.de
Tue Dec 22 12:40:03 CET 2009

* Martin Konold <martin.konold at erfrakon.de> [20091222 10:33]:
> the Kolab specific annotations patch has finally be accepted with Cyrus.
>
> This means yet another step towards reducing the number of patches.

Yay!

> While today the Kolab Server 2.2.3 RC1 was released I would like to discuss if
> we want to use Cyrus Imapd 2.3.16 instead of 2.3.13.
>
> On one hand this could delay the release of Kolab 2.2.3 but on the other hand
> the current 2.2.3 stuff is not tested much anyway.

Sorry, I won't delay 2.2.3 for a new Cyrus. This part has been
tested very much, the "not tested much" part only applies to
specific Kolab parts, e.g. the Kolab filter, and only partially as
many things have been tested, just not as much as in previous
releases. Still I think it behaves much better than 2.2.0 and 2.2.2,
so there is no point in delaying 2.2.3.

> Cyrus Imapd 2.3.16 contains multiple skiplist and bdb fixes and decreasing the
> amount of Kolab specific patches is always a major goal.

I definitively want this for HEAD so the next release can include it!

Regards,
Thomas

--
thomas at intevation.de - http://intevation.de/~thomas/ - OpenPGP key: 0x5816791A
Intevation GmbH, Neuer Graben 17, 49074 Osnabrueck - AG Osnabrueck, HR B 18998