[Kolab-devel] Separating sources from OpenPKG packaging

Richard Bos ml at radoeka.nl
Wed Dec 9 08:51:33 CET 2009

On Tue, Dec 08, 2009 at 11:15:29PM +0100, Gunnar Wrobel wrote:
> All I need in order to do this soon (once we released 2.2.3) would be
> a decision how the structure should look like. I would propose to add
> a new directory "src" in our "server" CVS module. So we would have
>
>   - server/src/perl-kolab
>   - server/src/kolabd
>   - server/src/kolab-webadmin
>
> These would be used to provide *.tar.gz packages that can be uploaded
> to files.kolab.org.
>
> We'd keep the old
>
>   - server/perl-kolab
>   - server/kolabd
>   - server/kolab-webadmin
>
> but they'd just contain the OpenPKG RPM build machinery.
>
> In principle I don't consider this a big deal and would just do it
> this way but I thought I'd ask to make sure nobody disagrees.

So, actually what you want to do is to move the directories
 server/kolabd/kolabd           to src/kolabd
 server/kolab-admin/kolab-admin to src/kolab-admin
 and
 server/perl-kolab              to src/perl-kolab

I assume that the openpkg packaging stuff is located in
server/kolabd and server/kolab-admin.  For perl-kolab it seems
to be mixed.

Thinking Out Loud:
Everything related to the server is located in the cvs root 'server',
why should the above 3 mentioned modules be removed from there?
Wouldn't it be possible to leave the current structure and store
the openpkg stuff in a cvs module called openpkg?  Like:
server/{kolabd, kolab-webadmin, perl-kolab}
openpkg/{kolabd, kolab-webadmin, perl-kolab}

server/openpkg/{kolabd, kolab-webadmin, perl-kolab}

If you stay with your proposal, how would you move modules?
I hope that you'll move them on the server, to leave the cvs
history untouched.

--
Richard