[Kolab-devel] Call for testing and proposal for kolab-test-toolbox

Mathieu Parent math.parent at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 21:32:00 CET 2009

hello Richard,

On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 7:45 PM, Richard Bos <ml at radoeka.nl> wrote:
> Mathieu,
>
> Op donderdag 03 december 2009 19:29:26 schreef Mathieu Parent:
>> Ideas/to be done:
>> - add other native methods (those in dist_conf, mainly gentoo and suse)
>
> What's needed to achieve this?

Basically three things:
- add a new vm_install_method (suse)
- add a new 'kolab_installation_method' native_suse
- adding a section in the inifile

The first part can be skipped as you can do this manually (using a CD
in the VM, or virtinst)

For the second part, you can improve "sub domain_install" with some
if(...) from "Preparing packages" to "Kolab bootstrap" (with some
minor changes after).

The third part is the easier, add something like this in the ini file:
[suse-11-native]
storage_pool_dir=/var/tmp/pkg-kolab_testsuite/suse-11-native

vm_install_method=virtinst
vm_dist=11

ip_offset=25

kolab_installation_method=native_suse

Don't hesitate to commit major changes (we can break the testsuite :).

Regards