[Kolab-devel] Kolab connector for Mac OS

Tyrell Berry tyrell.berry at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 18:47:27 CEST 2009

Thank you for the support.   As I stated before, I don't have a plan that
directly supports the iPhone (Yet...   Once I got a mac solution working
pretty well, I might further investigate the iPhone directly).   My solution
only suggested a connector that provides complete syncability between Mac
OS's native clients and Kolab.

That being said, I have been researching Apple's Sync Services pretty
extensively.  I have read the programming guide, and have looked at a bunch
of sample code that I am hoping to recycle a bit.  Xcode requires a bit more
RAM than I have in my old iBook, but as soon as that is taken care of, I
will actually begin coding.

I am a very ameteur programmer, largely teaching myself Objective-C as I go
along.   I am also doing this between my 2 jobs, school, and my personal
life.  Therefore, work is progressing at the rate of cold molasis.   I will
keep the list updated as the project continues, and appriciate the
understanding.

I would, of course, love if someone with some objective-C expirience was
interested in looking over my code before I build any beta releases, and
will surely be making shameless calls for programmers on a regular basis ;)

Thank you again for your support, and I will be sure to let you know as soon
as a beta is ready.

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 6:26 AM, Gelpi Andrea <liste at gelpi.it> wrote:

> Tyrell Berry ha scritto:
> > Thank you for those tips.  However, my biggest concern is syncing my
> > custom labels.  Somewhere I read that Funambol promises that they will
> > be providing this functionality at some point in the future, but at this
> > point, it's just not the solution I'm looking for.
> >
> > Apple Sync Services looks very powerful, and looks easy to program for.
> > I have been spending the last few days reading through the sync services
> > programming guide, and once I'm done, assuming another solution doesn't
> > become apparent, I will start working on a connector using it.
> >
> > So then the question becomes this:  Are there other people on this list
> > that would benefit from my efforts, and would be willing to help with
> > testing and/or coding?
> >

> I use Mac OS X and iPhone, so I'm interest in your work and I can do some
> testing and debugging.
>

> --
> ing. Andrea Gelpi
> La Terra non la abbiamo ereditata dai nostri avi,
> ma la abbiamo presa in prestito dai nostri bambini.

Tyrell Berry