[Kolab-devel] [issue3798] Koncat failed to send a mail, if the Server request authentication

Ludwig Reiter kolab-issues at intevation.de
Fri Aug 7 16:11:07 CEST 2009

New submission from Ludwig Reiter <ludwig at intevation.de>:

observed with Kontact Installer 20090724-1 of tag 20090724.1001833

Test:
Req. a server which wants authentification before sending a mail.
1. Create a new mail
2. Send it.
=> Error message appears and mail is not send:
Sending failed.
At the authentication an error appeared: SASL(-4) no mechanism available: Unable
to find a callback: 2

This is a problem of the cryus sasl part of the build.
The result of the cyrus sasl build is in Kontact/bin/sasl2/ directory. I think
the files should be(!) in the Kontact/lib/sasl2 directory.
In my test sending mails with authentication works then.

assignedto: allen
messages: 21229
nosy: allen, bh, ludwig
priority: critical
status: unread
title: Koncat failed to send a mail, if the Server request authentication
topic: kde client, kowi