[Kolab-devel] custom Kolab 2.2 patch adding new features for ISP functionality

Mon Apr 20 22:55:18 CEST 2009

Sunday, April 19, 2009, 6:41:40 AM, you wrote:

> Hi Martin!

>> Hi there,
>>
>> we did some enhancements to Kolab Webamin.

> Cool, thanks for contributing them.

>> This patch is applied to Kolab version 2.2
>> It adds a lot of new features mostly used in ISP environments.
>>
>> Most import changes are:
>> - Mange customers
>> - Prefixes can be used to set UIDs
>> - Each customers data is stored in a separate LDAP subtree
>> - Each customer can have its own users, address book, shared folders or
>> distribution lists
>> - Set maximum number of accounts, domain and default quotas
>> - Set password security and view customer password information page
>> - Groupware can be disabled for single customers

> I think this should be
> https://www.intevation.de/roundup/kolab/issue2207

> Is that correct?

No, this feature reduces the number of fields for users. If groupware
is disabled for a customer only the fields
- Name
- Password
- E-Mail Address
- UID
- Home Server
- e-Mail Aliases
- User Quota
are shown

>> - Assign domain administrators to a customer
>> - Show usage of users IMAP accounts
>> - Users can enable vacation and e-mail forwarding at the same time
>> - restrict login in webadmin only to UID and  deny E-Mail address login
>>
>> You may want to take a look at it:
>> https://www.intevation.de/roundup/kolab/issue3463
>>
>> This is still a beta release. Do not install it on production machines!!
>> We are looking forward for your feedback.

> As Martin wrote in the issue it would be really good to provide the
> feature additions in different issues with one patch per feature. I
> looked at the large patch and I'm pretty certain we won't immediately
> apply it as a whole. As you saw there will probably discussions
> concerning the one or the other point. So this would make it a lot
> easier to go through the features together.

> As I'm currently working on Kolab_Server and started on a potential
> replacement for the Kolab webadmin I'd be interested in taking your
> feature additions into consideration at an early timepoint.
> Kolab_Server is the PHP LDAP library we use in the web client, the
> resource manager and the free/busy system. The Kolab web admin did not
> use the same library as it requires way more LDAP functionality than
> the other systems. And this has been only added now to Kolab_Server.

> The new library has automatic schema analysis support which might
> benefit your needs. The replacement for kolab webadmin is already now
> able to display new attributes in the forms once they have been
> defined in the schema. This has been a lot more difficult in the kolab
> web admin.

That sounds pretty interesting. Currently we are splitting the patch
into feature-separated single patches. We will release them step by
step in the tracker.
As Martin supposed we will start with the patch for the kolab ldap
schema.