[Kolab-devel] custom Kolab 2.2 patch adding new features for ISP functionality

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Sun Apr 19 06:41:40 CEST 2009

Hi Martin!

> Hi there,
>
> we did some enhancements to Kolab Webamin.

Cool, thanks for contributing them.

> This patch is applied to Kolab version 2.2
> It adds a lot of new features mostly used in ISP environments.
>
> Most import changes are:
> - Mange customers
> - Prefixes can be used to set UIDs
> - Each customers data is stored in a separate LDAP subtree
> - Each customer can have its own users, address book, shared folders or
> distribution lists
> - Set maximum number of accounts, domain and default quotas
> - Set password security and view customer password information page
> - Groupware can be disabled for single customers

I think this should be https://www.intevation.de/roundup/kolab/issue2207

Is that correct?

> - Assign domain administrators to a customer
> - Show usage of users IMAP accounts
> - Users can enable vacation and e-mail forwarding at the same time
> - restrict login in webadmin only to UID and  deny E-Mail address login
>
> You may want to take a look at it:
> https://www.intevation.de/roundup/kolab/issue3463
>
> This is still a beta release. Do not install it on production machines!!
> We are looking forward for your feedback.

As Martin wrote in the issue it would be really good to provide the
feature additions in different issues with one patch per feature. I
looked at the large patch and I'm pretty certain we won't immediately
apply it as a whole. As you saw there will probably discussions
concerning the one or the other point. So this would make it a lot
easier to go through the features together.

As I'm currently working on Kolab_Server and started on a potential
replacement for the Kolab webadmin I'd be interested in taking your
feature additions into consideration at an early timepoint.
Kolab_Server is the PHP LDAP library we use in the web client, the
resource manager and the free/busy system. The Kolab web admin did not
use the same library as it requires way more LDAP functionality than
the other systems. And this has been only added now to Kolab_Server.

The new library has automatic schema analysis support which might
benefit your needs. The replacement for kolab webadmin is already now
able to display new attributes in the forms once they have been
defined in the schema. This has been a lot more difficult in the kolab
web admin.

Cheers,

Gunnar