[Kolab-devel] Freebusy data not provided (native openSUSE)

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Sun Apr 19 05:57:46 CEST 2009

Hi Richard,

Quoting Richard Bos <ml at radoeka.nl>:

> Hi Gunnar,

>> > # grep errors /srv/www/htdocs/freebusy/config.php
>> > ini_set('display_errors', 1);
>> >
>> > It looks like the logs are set correctly.  I wonder why nothing gets
>> > logged when line 216
>> > ($result = $this->_cache->load($access, $req_extended);) is
>> > executed, hopefully you have a clue?
>>
>> Hm, that might make it hard to find the error. I guess you hit
>> something where an '@' is used to supress error messages. These are
>> problematic for the exact reason that debugging can be quite difficult.
>>
>> If you'd have a PHP debugger running it would be easy but I assume
>> that is not the case.
>
> Hmm, I'm not aware that I have a PHP debugger around.  How does one
> get such a
> beast?  Is this part of php or is it a seperate application?

http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/PHP_debugging

I myself use Emacs with Geben as debugging frontend. Might not be
everyones favorite though :) and could be harder to setup if you don't
know Emacs well. Eclipse with PDT is also a very good choice.

>> Do you use the Kolab PHP libraries on a server that has an unpatched
>> PHP (meaning not patched for Kolab)? In that case the PEAR-Net_IMAP
>> library might be missing.
>
> I was sure that I was using php5-imap-kolab (which is the patched version of
> php5-imap), but it was not installed.  I corrected that and now the the
> package is pulled in correctly.  Unfortunately, it did not solve the problem.
> The same problem is still there.  Anyway, would it be possible to add unit
> tests, that test the correct working of the kolab patches that are added to
> imap
> (http://kolab.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs-kolab.cgi/server/patches/imap/)
> and php
> (http://kolab.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs-kolab.cgi/server/patches/php/) or are you
> already testing these?  Is this possible at all, if it is possible
> it would be
> very useful.

I think that should be possible. Please open an issue so that I don't
forget about it. My focus is currently not on Kolab_Storage and the
tests belong there.  But I'll return there eventually :)

> If you or someone else has an idea, to get me going a little further that
> would be nice and appreciated.

Does the problem still persist? I know I responded very late now. I
tend to be somewhat too busy these days :(

Cheers,

Gunnar