[Kolab-devel] [issue3538] Cannot log into Horde on 2.2.1rc1

Albrecht Dreß kolab-issues at intevation.de
Sat Apr 4 18:55:23 CEST 2009

New submission from Albrecht Dreß <albrecht.dress at lios-tech.com>:

I installed 2.2.1rc1 on a Ubuntu 8.04 LTS x86_64 box as explained in the
instructions and created 2 test users using the admin interface.  However, I
cannot log in into Horde (using the "old" Horde uri "/horde" which is then
re-directed to "/client/imp/login.php") using Firefox.  After entering the
account information, the Browser starts loading, but the login window appears
again.  If I enter a wrong password, the system doesn't tell me it was wrong,
but silently displays the login window again.

I *can* log into fbview using the same user/password, and if I enter a wrong
Password here it tells me "Verbindung zum LDAP-Server als cn=Test 1
Benutzer,dc=my-domain,dc=com konnte nicht hergestellt werden!" (slightly
confusing, maybe something like "wrong user name or password" would be better?).
 BTW, even if I log in multiple times, it always says "Letzte Anmeldung: Noch
nie" which is obviously wrong.

Any idea what went wrong?  Maybe a 64-Bit glitch?  A package of logs is attached.

files: Kolab-2.2.1.tar.gz
messages: 19500
nosy: albrecht.dress
priority: bug
status: unread
title: Cannot log into Horde on 2.2.1rc1
<https://www.intevation.de/roundup/kolab/issue3538>