[Kolab-devel] [issue3064] "New Mail" notification only works in currently viewed (IMAP) folder

T. Ribbrock kolab-issues at intevation.de
Tue Sep 23 11:38:39 CEST 2008

New submission from T. Ribbrock <itsef-admin at brightsight.com>:

I have configured KMail to notify me when new mail arrives ("Settings ->
Configure Norifications"). Originally, I wanted to have a sound played but could
not get this to work at all. Subsequently, I enabled "Show a message in a pop-up
window" and "Execute a program" (which then plays a sound). Unfortunately, both
notifications only work for new mail arriving in the folder I am currently
viewing. As I have mail filters and several accounts in use, I would expect that
the notification is initiated whenever new mail arrives in any folder that does
not have "Act on new/unread mail" disabled in its properties. All folders in
question are IMAP.

kontact --version
Qt: 3.3.8b
KDE: 3.5.9
Kontact: 1.2.9 (enterprise35 20080908.858460)
(Kubuntu 8.04)

messages: 16753
nosy: itsef_admin
priority: bug
status: unread
title: "New Mail" notification only works in currently viewed (IMAP) folder
topic: enterprise35, kde client