[Kolab-devel] Kolab in the clouds

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Tue Oct 14 08:13:47 CEST 2008

I marked a Xen based image of a Kolab2/OpenPKG-2.1 server "public" on
Amazon/EC2 today. This allows you to quickly fire up a pre-built Kolab
server and play with it.

Currently this is just a Kolab-2.1 server but the newer ones will
follow (maybe even including a CVS based image).

This is *NOT* meant to be used for production servers. The EC2 system
provided by Amazon has some very nice features but running mail
servers there does not work - or is at least not recommended.

I personally use this for development work as I frequently need access
to older versions of the Kolab server. By using the images I can
quickly fire up an old version of the server for a few cents and test
stuff or respond to a user request.

So if anybody has similar needs: Feel free to play around with the images.

The current one is AMI "ami-6e2eca07" and I update the thread once I
publish others.

Cheers,

Gunnar

Tel.   : +49 700 6245 0000                         Bundesstrasse 29
Fax    : +49 721 1513 52322                        D-20146 Hamburg