[Kolab-devel] [issue3121] IMAP folder size unreliable in Kontact

T. Ribbrock kolab-issues at intevation.de
Thu Oct 2 17:21:13 CEST 2008

New submission from T. Ribbrock <itsef-admin at brightsight.com>:

After having had some trouble with quotas on our Kolab server, it became evident
that the folder sizes that Kontact are very unreliable. This has lead to several
users complaining along the lines "how am I supposed to clean up my mailbox if I
cannot see which folder is the biggest?".

I looked into the issue and found huge discrepancies. Example: For the inbox of
my own (online IMAP) account, Kontact reports "1.1MB" in the "Size" column of
the folder view. A "du" on the server itself shows 156MB(!) and mutt reports
148MB - what Kontact reports is therefore nowhere near reality.

Versions:
kontact --version
Qt: 3.3.8b
KDE: 3.5.9
Kontact: 1.2.9 (enterprise35 20080919.862683)
(Kubuntu 8.04)

messages: 16949
nosy: itsef_admin
priority: bug
status: unread
title: IMAP folder size unreliable in Kontact
topic: enterprise35, kde client