[Kolab-devel] why does the pkg Auth require Kolab_Server?

Richard Bos ml at radoeka.nl
Wed Nov 26 08:26:38 CET 2008

Hi,

Op Monday 24 November 2008 21:39:21 schreef Richard Bos:
> Op Monday 24 November 2008 21:35:39 schreef Richard Bos:
> > why does Kolab_Server require Auth and Auth Kolab_Server?  The latter
> > does not seem correct to me.
>
> a bit related to this, why is there a package called Auth and Horde_Auth.
> Should Auth not just be called Horde_Auth?

I checked the packages that are shown, when one uses these pages:
http://pear.horde.org/index.php?category=framework
http://pear.horde.org/index.php?category=framework&page=[1-5]
and captured all the listed packages, and looked for Group, Auth and Util.
Non of those (last 3) are listed there as a pear.horde package....?  So,
should the package Util indeed be read as Horde_Util and likewise the other 2
as Horde_Auth and Horde_Group?

Sorry I have more questions, related to this.  I'm building horde package 16
now and it looks I'm half way the dependency list.... How come that the
package kolab_freebusy and filter that were moved from kolab cvs to horde.org
result in so many horde packages?  It is almost insane.  Although you stated
that this is better maintainable, it does not look that way.  Anyway, how
come that so many horde packages are needed to replace kolab_freebusy and
filter from kolab cvs (just curious nothing more), are those packages also
used for the applications, like ingo, turba, imp, etc?

Last question for this email: the package Auth (or is it Horde_Auth?) has
among its dependencies 2 PHP extensions; pam_auth and sasl:
http://pear.horde.org/index.php?package=Auth&downloads  As those extensions
were not needed for the kolab_flter and freebusy packages from kolab cvs, I
wonder if they are needed for Kolab_Filter and Kolab_Freebusy from
pear.horde.  I ask because the extensions do not seem to be available via
openSUSE rpms...  If they are not needed, I rather don't spend my time on
getting those php extensions build.

--
Richard Bos
We are borrowing the world of our children,