[Kolab-devel] [issue3239] Kolabd does not clear sieve scripts on deletion of a user

Gunnar Wrobel kolab-issues at intevation.de
Sun Nov 16 08:59:07 CET 2008

New submission from Gunnar Wrobel <p at rdus.de>:

>From the mailing list:

I have a strange problem. We had an mail-address with a forward to an
other mail-address. Then we deleted the first mail-address and created a
distribution list with the same name and several recipients. The strange
thing is, that everytime a mail gets sent to the distribution list, only
the recipient of the old mail address gets the mail. I also deleted the
distribution list and made a slapcat. There was no name of the
distribution list or old mail address anymore, but the old reciepient
still got the mail. I checked the postfix-log for this behaviour. With the
distribution list created the slapcat told me that this list all members
it should have. I restarted all services and also rebooted the server at
night, but it didn´t help.

Short form of my descriptin:

name1 (address) -> recepient1
name1 gets deleted
name1 (as distribution list) is created: with recepeint1, reciepient2 and
reciepient3
mail to name1 -> mail is only sent to reciepient1

Response by Alain Spineux:

The forward is done by cyrus imap at delivery, by a sieve script. (
look in lmtpd.log )
The sieve scrip is attached to a mailbox and probably not deleted at
deletion of the mailbox.

Kolabd could maybe delete such script at creation and/or deletion time
to prevent this kind of problem

I consider this a bug and believe kolabd should indeed also clear sieve scripts
on user deletion.

assignedto: wrobel
messages: 17593
nosy: bernhard, martin, thomas, wilde, wrobel
priority: bug
status: unread
title: Kolabd does not clear sieve scripts on deletion of a user
topic: server