[Kolab-devel] horde's fb generation script

Mike Gabriel m.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Wed Mar 5 14:27:58 CET 2008

hi gunnar,

i am facing another a problem with horde's fb.php script. here is my use case:

WORKS

   o create USER in my kolab address book, the user can be on my kolab
server or
     on any other exchange server
   o add the USER's fb url into the according abook field (use the
kolab freebusy
   o create an event, add USER as attendee, the fb information of USER is shown

   in this case the fb information is taken from kolab-freebusy cache (files on
   the kolab server's filesystem, updated whenever an authenticated person
   (owner, assistant) changes an event in the calendar.

DOES NOT WORK

   o create USER in my kolab address book, the user can be on my kolab
server or
     on any other exchange server
   o add the USER's horde fb url into the according abook field
   o whenever i try to retrieve the fb-vfb file of USER from the server:
     (using https://server/horde/kronolith/fb.php?u=USER@server in my
     webbrowser), the vfb file is empty (PEAR error when accessing the
     kolab/cyrus share on the IMAP server (i guess we are not authenticated
     here...)
   o due to this, a PHP error is raised in attendees.php when adding USER as an
     attendee:

       Warning: parse_url() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in
       /usr/local/share/_horde-versions_/horde3-webmail-1.1-rc1-netzwerkteam/\
          lib/Horde/iCalendar/vfreebusy.php
       on line 105

     the given array is:

       { [0]=>  array(0) { } }

my question concerns the basic concept of freebusy generation in horde
when using kolab.

compared to kolab's current implementation of fbview the advantage of
the horde fb.php script is that you can specify in kronolith prefs
which folder (personal calendar folder or shared calendar folder)
shall be included in horde's freebusy information.

however, i do not understand how the kolab events of a user or of a
shared folder are accessed by someone with anonymous access (i.e.
someone retrieving fb information). in kolab there is a calendar user,
that has (read?) access to all calendar folders. is this user going to
be introduced in horde's kronolith/kolab driver???

thanks for any hints...
mike

--

das netzwerkteam
mike gabriel, hamburger chaussee 240, 24113 kiel

fon: +49 431 64 74 196
voip/voicemail: +49 431 643 643 6
fax: +49 431 64 74 276
mail: m.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de, http://das-netzwerkteam.de