[Kolab-devel] What to do with non-reproducible crashes?

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Mar 4 15:03:07 CET 2008

On Thursday 14 February 2008 10:38, Thomas Ribbrock wrote:
> I have a quick question about the Kontact enterprise client: We're
> currently running a pilot on Kubuntu 7.10, basically following
> the 'unstable' "releases" (so, currently 769476). Every now and then we see
> Kontact crash, but not in a reproducible way. We usually save the
> backtrace, together with a short comment what was done right before the
> crash (if it is possible to determine that...). Is it worthwhile for the
> developers to make bug reports out of these, even though we cannot
> reproduce them?

Yes.
Make sure you mention significant funcation names in the title of the issue.
We sometimes need to collect more information until we frame an issue.

* Build at least with --enable-debug=yes
* also record the last console output

Check
http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Kolab2_Client_Troubleshooting_-_KDE_Kontact