[Kolab-devel] [issue2518] email reply always jumps to the end of the cited text

Bernhard Reiter kolab-issues at intevation.de
Mon Mar 3 18:05:13 CET 2008

New submission from Bernhard Reiter <bernhard at intevation.de>:

(enterprise 20080229.780530)

Try to reply to a larger email.
The cursor will jump below the cited text.
This is a change from proko2 and some user do not seem to like it,
as their style of working is broken.
Those users will first write a "Hello Bernhard," and then read the email,
deleting relevant lines and adding comments. They really need to start
at the top.

In addition the current can lead to a usability problem:
I sometimes got windows where the cursor was below the text I saw
and could only be reached by scrolling or moving it.
(The server was outside of the visible window).

I think we should stay at the top. I did a short search and could
not find a reason for the change right away. If there is a reason,
I believe we need to make it configurable.

assignedto: till
messages: 13854
nosy: bernhard, jan, janism, ludwig, till, vkrause
priority: bug
status: unread
title: email reply always jumps to the end of the cited text
topic: kde client, prokde35