[Kolab-devel] [issue2825] domain maintainer can't edit email aliases of his users

Thomas Arendsen Hein kolab-issues at intevation.de
Thu Jun 26 16:04:37 CEST 2008

New submission from Thomas Arendsen Hein <thomas at intevation.de>:

Related to kolab/issue2824 (Domain Maintainer can't edit user with an alias in a
different domain)

A domain maintainer can not always edit the email aliases for a user, even if
the user and the alias is in domains the domain maintainer has access to.

The message "User 'cn=...' successfully modified" and the new alias still
showing in the entry field suggest that it worked, but when looking again at the
user (via web admin or slapcat) the entry is lost.

Editing other attributes works.

The "not always" above means that I usually can reproduce it, but I just had a
new installation with one user and one domain maintainer and couldn't reproduce
it at first. But after doing some changes to the domains the domain maintainer
has access to, I was able to reproduce the bug again.

assignedto: thomas
messages: 15381
nosy: bernhard, martin, thomas, till, wilde, wrobel
priority: urgent
status: unread
title: domain maintainer can't edit email aliases of his users
topic: server, web admin