[Kolab-devel] [merge67] Introduce postfix helo checking

Gelpi Andrea liste at gelpi.it
Fri Jun 13 11:06:22 CEST 2008

Fabio Pietrosanti wrote:
> New submission from Fabio Pietrosanti <fp at khamsa.ch>:
>
> # Introduce helo checking (otherwise disabled by default)
> smtpd_require_helo = yes
> smtpd_helo_restrictions = permit_mynetworks, permit_sasl_authenticated,
> reject_invalid_hostname, reject_unknown_hostname, reject_non_fqdn_hostname
>
> In this way a simple and useful antispam feature is added (without breaking anything)

If RBL are also used in smtpd_client_restrictions, helo check are done after RBL check.
I think it would be better to have the opposite, helo check first and then RBL check.

To have helo check before RBL I moved the helo check in smtpd_client_restrictions

smtpd_client_restrictions = permit_mynetworks, permit_sasl_authenticated,
                             hash:/kolab/etc/postfix/access,
                             reject_invalid_hostname, reject_non_fqdn_hostname,
                             reject_rbl_client bl.spamcop.net,

ing. Andrea Gelpi