[Kolab-devel] Difference between kolab & horde passwd

Gelpi Andrea liste at gelpi.it
Fri Jun 6 16:25:09 CEST 2008

In kolab server 2.2.rc3 I found that if you try to change a user password via Horde the password
length must be from 3 to 8 char long, while if you use kolab web interface you can set a longer one.

The problem I suppose is in file /kolab/var/kolab/www/horde/passwd/config/backends.php

$backends['kolab'] = array(
     'name' => 'Local Kolab Server',
     'preferred' => '',
     'password policy' => array(
         'minLength' => 3,
         'maxLength' => 8
     ),
     'driver' => 'kolab',
     'params' => array()
);

In italy passwords must be 8 chars minimum, by law.

Which is the maxLength limit I can set? 256?

--
ing. Andrea Gelpi