[Kolab-devel] Kolab server & logs

Alain Spineux aspineux at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 13:51:42 CET 2008

On Jan 22, 2008 12:06 PM, Gelpi Andrea <liste at gelpi.it> wrote:
> Hi,
>         in Italy an anti-terrorism law states that every mail server must keep its logs
> for long time (now more than 4 years).
>
> So actual rotating policy is not good, here in Italy.
>
> I suggest to add syslog-ng as proposed by Pietrosanti or to study another solution.

Like, write a wiki about how to keep the logs (which one)  for a least
4 year :-)
4 year is a lot, about equal to the live of current hardware, that
mean never delete the logs !
Put the number of archive to 4*365 (or above) in the daily part of
/kolab/et/rc.d/rc.* is a very cheap solution.

Regards

> --
> ing. Andrea Gelpi

Alain Spineux