[Kolab-devel] [merge67] Introduce postfix helo checking

Gelpi Andrea liste at gelpi.it
Tue Jan 15 09:29:15 CET 2008

Fabio Pietrosanti wrote:
> New submission from Fabio Pietrosanti <fp at khamsa.ch>:
>
> # Introduce helo checking (otherwise disabled by default)
> smtpd_require_helo = yes
> smtpd_helo_restrictions = permit_mynetworks, permit_sasl_authenticated,
> reject_invalid_hostname, reject_unknown_hostname, reject_non_fqdn_hostname
>
> In this way a simple and useful antispam feature is added (without breaking anything)

I tested the above configuration for quite a month and found that
reject_unknown_hostname in Helo check has too much false positive. My estimation
is about 30% to 40%.

Quite everybody who as more than one smtp server for sending, generate false
positive. Lots of small society that use Win server generate false positive.

Some names that generate false positive:
Ras Group
Unicredit Bank
aruba.it
Vodafone