[Kolab-devel] kolab and slapd-2.4.x

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Feb 27 11:33:25 CET 2008

On Friday 22 February 2008 10:44, Gunnar Wrobel wrote:
> Richard Bos <ml at radoeka.nl> writes:

Please check the issue tracker before opening new reports.
Parts of this have been discussed in
kolab/issue 1755 (Openldap>=2.4.6 switches from slurpd to syncrepl)
already.

> >> GREAT. available in kolab-2.2, i suppose?

Yes it is, but ...
We need to switch replication setup between the openldap to this mechanism as
well and make the new concept work in the implementation (it eat memory, see
the issue tracker for details or other problems).

> > /ME still curious: what to be changed or added to kolab to make this
> > work?
> >
> > @Martin: was that a private version or is the code in kolab cvs?
>
> /me curious too :)

Public all in CVS and the trackers.

> I heard the rumor that this code exists before but I did not see it
> yet. It is definitely not in CVS. I don't think it will be part of
> Kolab-2.2 because switching to openldap-2.4 would be too much for that
> version. The underlying OpenPKG is actually already openldap-2.4 only.

There is all that there is in CVS.
I am not aware of Martin having written more code that is not in there.

Bernhard