[Kolab-devel] [issue2491] Shared user account on Kolab

Fabio Pietrosanti kolab-issues at intevation.de
Fri Feb 22 11:41:25 CET 2008

New submission from Fabio Pietrosanti <fp at khamsa.ch>:

Hi all,

we have the need to implement sharing of user's mailboxes between users.

This is supported on Cyrus, it's simply a matter of ACL.

We are currently sharing accounts between different users by manually setting ACLs and then
configuring multiple 'identities' on thunderbird email clients.

We would be happy to have the 'user's mailbox' sharing logic applied to Kolab LDAP, in the same way
it's done with the shared folders.

The LDAP should be modified the same way "acl: " field are handled in sharedfolders.

This improvement will be financed and released in opensource.

This improvement, along with cross domain ACL (another issue) would provide from Kolab real user's
account sharing capabilities (think about the 'delegations' where the secretary access the boss's
mailbox).

Fabio

assignedto: bernhard
messages: 13744