[Kolab-devel] kolab and slapd-2.4.x

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Thu Feb 21 21:23:58 CET 2008

Am Donnerstag, 21. Februar 2008 schrieb Mike Gabriel:

Hi Mike,

> > Would this mean that kolabd won't work?
>
> yes. the communication betweem slapd (LDAP) and kolabd utilize the replica
> feature (slurpd) of slapd < 2.4.x. there will be no slurpd anymore in slapd
> >= 2.4.x.

Actually this is not such a big deal. Back then when we created the first
implementation of kolabd using the replication mechanism was an innovative
idea to implement a notification mechanism.

Today the clean solution is much simpler and actually already implemented.

E.g. my implementation of FDS integration (done in march last year for a Kolab
Konsortium customer) for kolabd uses persistent LDAP searches which is
standard compliant, more scalable, more reliable, needs less resources and
better in every respect.

Yours,
-- martin konold

--
e r f r a k o n
Sitz: Adolfstraße 23, 70469 Stuttgart, Partnerschaftsregister Stuttgart PR 126