[Kolab-devel] Forged Sender from local IP's

Sascha Wilde wilde at intevation.de
Mon Feb 11 13:17:50 CET 2008

Richard Bos <ml at radoeka.nl> writes:

> On Fri, Feb 08, 2008 at 01:06:33PM +0200, Thomas Black wrote:
>> Hi Guys
>>
>> Ever since upgrading from 2.2beta2 to 2.2beta3 and 2.2rc1 I'm getting
>> these errors in my mail log and filter log:
>>
>> Feb 08 12:52:20 Kolab Filter [error] [horde] Invalid From: header.
>> xxxxxxxx looks like a forged sender <ID: <47AC3458.4090300 at xxxxx>>
>> [pid 25405 on line 180 of "/kolab/lib/php/Kolab/Filter/Content.php"]
>>
>> It seems to be happening when unauthenticated SMTP is used from my
>> defined local network, which should work (network ranges defined in my
>> admin interface.
>>
>> Is anyone aware of an issue relating to this, can you assist?
>
> It's not an issue, but a feature that is working now ;)

No, it is not.  This happens for mail send from privileged networks,
which is not intended and definitive a serious bug.

Hosts from privileged networks are supposed to be allowed to
unauthorized relay nearly anything over the kolab server.

I'm currently working on a solution to this problem.

cheers
sascha
--
Sascha Wilde                                      OpenPGP key: 4BB86568
Intevation GmbH, Osnabrück             http://www.intevation.de/~wilde/