[Kolab-devel] Policy wrt "unstable" Debian Kontact packages?

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Dec 19 09:42:47 CET 2008

Am Montag, 15. Dezember 2008 09:24:30 schrieb ITSEF Admin:
> On Tuesday 2 December 2008 18:14:31 ITSEF Admin wrote:
> > Over the past months, I'm tracking the unstable Debian packages for the
> > Kontact enterprise35 client
> > (http://apt.intevation.de/dists/etch/unstable/source/) as I use them as
> > base for our custom Kubuntu Hardy packages.
>
> [...]
>
> > Today *both* versions were removed from "unstable" and the latest version
> > is now 862683.
>
> As it just happened again (891698 got pulled - 862683 is yet again the
> latest version in "unstable"), I'd like to repeat my question: How is the
> decision made to have a version in "unstable" and is there a place where I
> can find the reasoning behind that decision?

This email list is the right place to discuss and make the policy.
Currently we just move over stuff as it comes out from experimental
when we believe it is ready.

Versions from experimental can just vanish after a while
and we need also a process to delete old versions from unstable as well.
Our idea is to move stuff from unstable to testing and then to stable or
delete.

(I was not aware we've removed stuff from unstable, I will inquire, thanks for
the hint.)

Best,
Bernhard