[Kolab-devel] [issue3309] [WebClient] Can nott login directly in to dimp

Sascha Wilde kolab-issues at intevation.de
Wed Dec 10 11:17:24 CET 2008

New submission from Sascha Wilde <wilde at intevation.de>:

One of the broadly requested and therefore important new features of
the upcoming release is the availability of dimp (the more modern,
dynamic web client) in the WebClient (aka. Horde).

Unfortunately currently its not possible for a user to login using
dimp:

- When using https://example.com/client/ at login time one gets imp
- When using https://example.com/client/dimp/ at login time one gets
  an unholy mix up of imp and dimp (navigation bars of both interfaces
  at the same time)
- I have been told (and I believe to have it seen my self once at some
  state of the development process) that in the original Horde there
  is a button in the login mask to select whether to use dimp -- but
  this button is missing from the Kolab Server variant.

A workaround is to log into imp and then manually switch the URL to
client/dimp/, but that is not acceptable for ordinary users.

It is important that we get a way to login directly using dimp for the
release.  And I would highly appreciate if there would be a way to
configure the default interface used when logging in under
https://example.com/client/

assignedto: wrobel
messages: 18017
nosy: bernhard, martin, thomas, till, wilde, wrobel
priority: critical
status: unread
title: [WebClient] Can nott login directly in to dimp
topic: web client