[Kolab-devel] Policy wrt "unstable" Debian Kontact packages?

ITSEF Admin itsef-admin at brightsight.com
Tue Dec 2 18:14:31 CET 2008

Hi all,

Over the past months, I'm tracking the unstable Debian packages for the
Kontact enterprise35 client
(http://apt.intevation.de/dists/etch/unstable/source/) as I use them as base
for our custom Kubuntu Hardy packages. Given that packages show up
infrequently in this directory, I'm using an update tracker plugin in Firefox
to find out about new "releases". Over the past few days I noted that kontact
886071 was added to the directory and I got it and rolled it out for Kubuntu,
as it contained two bugfixes I'm interested in (issue3196 and issue2472). A
short while later, version 887372 appeared, which I did not install, as I
wasn't sure about the status of issue2472 in that version (see discussion
there).

Today *both* versions were removed from "unstable" and the latest version is
now 862683. Which makes me wonder about the reasoning behind this - if a new,
severe regression was found in these I'd definitely like to know about it...
Is there any place where I can see why these decisions are made?

Thanks in advance,

Thomas