[Kolab-devel] [issue3283] web client: Document reasons for switching to LDAP auth instead of IMAP auth

Thomas Arendsen Hein kolab-issues at intevation.de
Tue Dec 2 17:03:27 CET 2008

New submission from Thomas Arendsen Hein <thomas at intevation.de>:

The Horde web client changed from IMAP to LDAP authentication between server
2.2.0 and 2.2.1, the only hint about this I found is:
kolab/issue2258 (Horde authentication fails)

Usually mail clients authenticate against IMAP and SMTP and the web client
somehow is a client.

A problem revealed by this change is:
kolab/issue3282 (web client does not handle missing inbox gracefully)

A good reason to do it is:
kolab/issue2207 (Make it possible to enable and disable users to be able to use
the webclient)

But since I do not think that the change was done to solve the first or the last
issue, it would be good idea to document why the change was done.
Are there mailing list discussions?
What CVS commit contained the change?

assignedto: wrobel
messages: 17875
nosy: bernhard, martin, thomas, till, wilde, wrobel
priority: feature
status: unread
title: web client: Document reasons for switching to LDAP auth instead of IMAP auth
topic: web client