[Kolab-devel] Modifying the LDAP user representation for a distributed Kolab server system?

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Aug 14 09:52:12 CEST 2008

On Tuesday 05 August 2008 10:24, Gunnar Wrobel wrote:
> > For example keeping the passwords outside the slave ldap servers in
> > order to save the security of the system (avoid that a single server in
> > branch office, with a local compromise with offline data recovery
> > causing a strong data loss) could cause the failure of the security of
> > the whole identification infrastructure.

In order to make this suitable, we would need to define a server
which will be able to hold folders that will be shared across homeservers.
Currently we cannot restrict password replication because potentially
all users can log into all Kolab Server to see a folder which was shared with
them by one of the users of this server.