[Kolab-devel] forwarding mails to external addresses

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Apr 15 18:34:07 CEST 2008

On Tuesday 08 April 2008 14:58, Alessio Cecchi wrote:
> Il Tuesday 08 April 2008 05:48:12 Alain Spineux ha scritto:
> > Kolab is not an universal email solution, doing everything a man can
> > imagine! The wiki is a better source for such exotic request.
>
> I think that is not an exotic request, but a normal feature for a modern
> mail server.
>
> More, up to version 2.1.0 of Kolab this feature was present. After the
> upgrade to 2.2 i can't forward address like postmaster@ abuse@
> mailer-daemon@ to an external e-mail address.

I believe those are two different things:
a) forwarding to external addresses.
   This will work by several means with all Kolab Server.
   It is a usage question for kolab-users or the wiki.
b) Something that used to work and does not:

> I think it would be useful, even if only for compatibility with previous
> Kolab installations, re-enable this feature.

Best is to create an issue for this with a good description, if you believe
this is a regression for you.

With manual postfix setup (which is fine with Kolab Server) you can
still do almost anything, so I believe it will still be possible.

Bernhard