[Kolab-devel] Status of "enterprise" Kontact client (Kubuntu related)?

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Oct 31 14:40:57 CET 2007

On Tuesday 30 October 2007 11:59, ITSEF Admin wrote:
> Does anybody know the status of the "entrerprise" Kontact client?
> I'm curious, as I thought it was still under development and not
> "production-ready" - on the other hand, Kubuntu seemingly has decided to
> include it already in their 7.10 version[0]. However, if I look at what can
> be found in the bug tracker[1], this version seems anything but usable on a
> production workstation... Is this assessment correct - and should I,
> subsequently, opt for the "old" proko2 client on that platform?

We are working on the KDE 3.5 based KDE Kolab Client, in the
"enterprise35" branch. Quite intensively.

Current status is: alpha to beta, but still subject to new functions.
It is good for packagers to pick up. There are quite a few people
using it in semi-production environments for a few months already.
Thus it is possible to work with it, but still there could be problems
or regressions.

So users which are ready to endure a bit of pain or help with testing
are very welcome.

KK does some internal quality testing on the packages www.kolab.org/mill
are build and then put to http://apt.intevation.de/dists/etch/experimental/.
When internal QA is done, we put them up to http://www.kolab.org/mirrors.html.