[Kolab-devel] Kolab server version numbering

Sascha Wilde wilde at intevation.de
Sun Oct 14 19:23:15 CEST 2007

Gunnar Wrobel <wrobel at pardus.de> writes:
>   2.2.beta1
>   2.2.beta1.cvs-20071011
>   2.2.beta2
>   2.2.beta2.cvs-20071011
>   2.2.rc1
>   2.2.rc1.cvs-20071011
>   2.2.0
>   2.2.0.cvs-20071012
>   2.2.1
>
> Would that be okay?

I like it.  And I'm too in favor for ditching the date stamp on
release versions.  But...

> Concerning the "_betaX+cvs" I'm still against using the "+" sign :)
> know it clarifies the meaning as "version X PLUS something".

I like the "+" sign for the very reason you mentioned, it clearly
signals in what way the version differs from the release.

> But I never saw a "+" in a source package file name when I packaged
> something for Gentoo. So I'm sceptic about using it.

This is a very week argument.  As long as there is no technical
reason not to do it, please use the most readable variant.

cheers
sascha
--
Sascha Wilde                                      OpenPGP key: 4BB86568
Intevation GmbH, Osnabrück             http://www.intevation.de/~wilde/