[Kolab-devel] Greyfiltering in Kolab 2.2?

Jørgen Hermanrud Fjeld jhf at linpro.no
Mon Oct 8 09:09:02 CEST 2007

Hi

I created the patches in issue 1548.
Some comments below.

On 2007-10-07 16:54:34, Fabio Pietrosanti wrote:
> Christian Funke wrote:
> > I have a question regarding greylisting for the next kolab release,
> > in issue 1548 there is a discussion to inegrate the postgrey filter
> > into the next kolab release with accompanying patches. I would really
> > love to see that integrated since it is a very usefull addition to
> > fighting spam which i had to integrate by hand in the recent releases.
> >
> Imho greylisting should be configurable by the system administrator
> because it could break some specific email systems configurations.
>
> I would suggest you to submit:
> - Patches for kolabd (to enable/disable the functionality by looking at a specific ldap flags)
This was included in my patches.

> - Template customization for postfix main.cf / master.cf
This was included in my patches.

> - Template for postgrey configuration files
Not needed, it is only running on standard port.

> - Log management of postgrey (where to write the logs)
This is the responsibility of the OpenPKG package, and is orthogonal to
the patches.

> - Startup / Shutdown / Log rotate scripts for postgrey
This is the responsibility of the OpenPKG package, and is orthogonal to
the patches.
I have also included code so kolabd will correctly start/stop postgresql
on configuration change.

> - Obmtool.conf and kolab installa script customization to integrate postgrey
This was included in my patches.

> - PHP patches for Webadmin (in order to enable/disable the functionality)
This was included in my patches.

> Gunnar, Bernard, are those kind of submissions enought?
The last discussions in "https://intevation.de/roundup/kolab/issue1548"
are with regard to:
* The order of stanzas in smtpd_recipient_restrictions.
* The possibility of editing the hosts used for greylisting in the
  web-ui.

I have not yet had time to make an improved patch set that adresses
these issues, and the patch is probably not accepted without fixing
them.

--
Jørgen H. Fjeld
System Architect