[Kolab-devel] How to call anonymous imap folders (was: Maintainer - Kolab wiki)

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Nov 30 10:25:49 CET 2007

Alain, Richard,
thanks for your input, this is helping me to make up my mind!

On Thursday 29 November 2007 19:56, Alain Spineux wrote:
> > We need to find a better word for the anonymous folders that a Cyrus
> > IMAPD can provide. The problem with the term "shared" is confusion, as
> > any folder can be "shared" by just setting the right access permissions.
>
> public folder ?

We have tried this for a while, but it occurred to me that the termin "public"
has two problems as well:

a) thus an "accountless folder" as ACLs, it might not be readable by anyone,
   or just a subgroup on a fraction of Kolab Servers.
b) "public" could mean as published to the general public, and I envision
    folders for the future that would be handles like this, think about the
    use case that a sales person would publish the public talks he is doing
    in the next two weeks, why not generate a webpage out of a calender
    folder?

Thus I currently prefer "accountless folder" or "folder without account".

Bernhard