[Kolab-devel] purging events in resource calendars

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Nov 15 18:46:29 CET 2007

On Wednesday 14 November 2007 19:01, Andreas Gungl wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 14. November 2007 schrieb Gunnar Wrobel:
> > Andreas Gungl <a.gungl at gmx.de> writes:
> > > I'm not sure if my approach and the programming language fits into the
> > > Kolab concept. However, if there is any interest in that script I would
> > > hand it over to the Kolab developers for improvements and hopefully
> > > inclusion in an official release.
> >
> > Contributions are always welcome!
>
> Hm, Kolab currently uses PHP and Python for scripting. I'm really unsure if
> it were good to introduce Ruby just for this one script.

Well it is a useful script. If you are willing to publish it under a Free
Software license - by all means, you should do it. :)

You are right in that we need a way to automatically clear Resource calenders
or so. Can you make an issue wish for it?
Also there usually are email coming into the resource accounts,
so whatever we do, it might be interesting to notify somebody.

The envisoned way of using it was that there is always a person responsible
for an account (e.g. for a resource account for a room).
This person would have the account configured and check it from time to
time to see if there have been emails that the system did not process.
While doing this, the cleanup of old appointments can be done.

Thanks,
Bernhard