[Kolab-devel] purging events in resource calendars

Andreas Gungl a.gungl at gmx.de
Wed Nov 14 18:59:27 CET 2007

Am Mittwoch, 14. November 2007 schrieb Gunnar Wrobel:
> Andreas Gungl <a.gungl at gmx.de> writes:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I wonder if a functionality is planned or worked on to purge outdated
> > events from resource calendars. Over the time we collected ~1000 events
> > per resource calendar on our company Kolab installation. This
> > significantly slowed down the synchronization with Toltec and Kontact.
>
> The new Kontact enterprise allows to archive old events and to purge
> completed todo's. So I guess it should be possible to circumvent such
> problems using the newer version.

I think KOrganizer can do that for quite some time already. But that requires
someone who does that regularly and who has write access to that shared
calendar folder of the resource account.

Ideally I'd like to see an option in the web frontend similar to the
existing "create free-busy information for <x> days in the past" (not the
exact text here, I have no frontend at hand in the moment). So there could be
something like "delete events with the last occurrence before <x> days in the
past". Combine that with a job started via cron and nobody has to deal with
overboarding calendars for meeting rooms.

Andreas
--
Kindermode Online - Fashion for Kids
http://www.theofeel.de