[Kolab-devel] Integration of Kolab2 and Samba

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri May 18 12:48:08 CEST 2007

Hi Wilhelm,

On Friday 18 May 2007 07:43, Wilhelm Meier wrote:
> I read some postings about this, but I did not found a real solution.

also check the Wiki.
A few people have done this sucessfully.

> I want make as minimal changes to the kolab2-webadmin-interface as possible,
> well, as minimal changes to the  kolab2-dist itself.
>
> Is there any ongoing activity to integrate these ?

No concrete plans to integrate this yet.
The idea is that kolab-webadmin should be quite independent from the LDAP
schema used. You can already switch off some functions in there if you use
different ldap-tools (which is fine, as long as you adhere to some rules).

One problem with the integration is that there seem to be many way to use
ldap together with Samba. Contributions are appreciated of course!

Best,
Bernhard