[Kolab-devel] [offtopic?] MS Exchange Alternative: Moving At the Speed of Stupidity?

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri May 18 12:44:37 CEST 2007

On Thursday 17 May 2007 11:56, Richard Bos wrote:
> Does kolab have the same problem as described in the article linked below?

http://www.kolab.org/
    Support
	Commercial: Kolab-Konsortium

http://www.kolab-konsortium.de/en/index.html
	Kolab Enterprise Support
		[..]
	Kolab Enterprise Consultancy
		[..]
	Kolab Enterprise Development
		[..]
	Fairs and Events
		Intevation GmbH will represent the Kolab-Konsortium at Linuxtag 2007 in
		 Berlin. The Kolab-Konsortium Business Partner Univention will also be
		present.
 		Linuxtag 2007, Berlin, May 30th 2007 - June 2nd 2007

Following one path from there:

http://www.kolab-konsortium.de/en/services/business-partner.html
	http://www.univention.de/english.html
	  following the path in German after a few clicks you find
			http://www.univention.de/preisliste_euro.html

	http://www.pardus.de/news/english/
		-> http://www.pardus.de/en/products.html
			Costs
			Monthly costs for the different server variants

(okay, this plugs my company, which is a member of KK)
There are other companies offering Kolab Service,
but KK is carrying the main load of developing Kolab.

> I think the answer is yes.  When I tried to find supporting partners I
> could not find it on kolab's website.  Is it a problem, it seems so
> according the article.  The article:
> http://madpenguin.org/cms/index.php/?m=show&id=7878&page=1
>
> <quote>You show me where competent consulting firms are clearly documenting
> what level of service they provide regarding these groupware apps mentioned
> above, and I’ll write an article about how wrong I was. Unfortunately, I do
> not believe anyone out there can do it. To be clear, I want to see the
> Google search terms, along with the webpage listing the level of support
> for any of the three groupware apps mentioned above.
> </quote>

Well, we probably can do better, but we are already trying. :)
The reason why KK does not have explicit prices on the webpage is that
most customers ask us for their conditions and thus custom prices.

Bernhard