[Kolab-devel] Build failure of Kolab 2.1.0 RC2 on Fedora 6

Thomas Arendsen Hein thomas at intevation.de
Wed May 2 19:00:21 CEST 2007

* Joon Radley <joon at radleys.co.za> [20070502 17:35]:
> It looks very good and I agree the README should not be clustered. Could you
> maybe just draw attention to the wiki before the build, as this is where it
> would do the most good? An example:
>
> -See http://kolab.org/ for general information about Kolab,
> -or look at http://wiki.kolab.org/ for specific topics.
>
> +See http://kolab.org/ for general information about Kolab. Before
> +building your Kolab system have a look at http://wiki.kolab.org/
> +for any hints about building Kolab on your specific Linux distribution.

I thought about a similar text, but:
- If the build simply works, the user would have wasted time looking.
- If the build breaks, he still can look what's wrong.
- Don't make the reader assume that building will probably break, he
  might not even consider trying to build it then.

Good suggestions for solving this are welcome :)

Thomas

--
thomas at intevation.de - http://intevation.de/~thomas/ - OpenPGP key: 0x5816791A
Intevation GmbH, Osnabrück - Registereintrag: Amtsgericht Osnabrück, HR B 18998