[Kolab-devel] Build failure of Kolab 2.1.0 RC2 on Fedora 6

Thomas Arendsen Hein thomas at intevation.de
Wed May 2 15:51:20 CEST 2007

* Joon Radley <joon at radleys.co.za> [20070428 10:11]:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> > http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Fedora_6 might give you all hints
> > you need.
>
> Thank you very much for the link, the use of compat-gcc worked for me.
>
> Would it be possible to add the following to README.1st:
> a) A link to the wiki so that new installers can see if they need to do
> anything to get Kolab to compile on their distribution. The errors and
> solutions is very hard to discern from the build log itself. Reading the
> wiki before attempting the build and install Kolab could have save me a few
> hours :)
> b) Adding the command md5sum -c MD5SUM, before the first obmtool command. I
> know it is obvious, but at 2am in the morning you just do not think to check
> that. People new to Linux also do not know how to check the MD5 hashes.

I added a little bit to the README, see
http://kolab.org/pipermail/kolab-commits/2007q2/005585.html

Do you think this is enough?
I don't want to clutter the README too much.

Thomas

--
thomas at intevation.de - http://intevation.de/~thomas/ - OpenPGP key: 0x5816791A
Intevation GmbH, Osnabrück - Registereintrag: Amtsgericht Osnabrück, HR B 18998