[Kolab-devel] big troubles : use of templates

Alain Spineux aspineux at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 11:14:00 CET 2007

I thing the disclaimer must pop up in front of the user head !
I'm not speaking about the content but more about the visual effect!

Your message looks more like a Copyright or License disclaimer, things that
is common
at the beginning of this kind of file, things that doesn't pop up in _MY_
face for long now!

My idea look more like a error message like "disk full, disk full, disk
full':

# Your CHANGES where LOST, the file was SELF-GENERATED
# Your CHANGES where LOST, the file was SELF-GENERATED
# Your CHANGES where LOST, the file was SELF-GENERATED
# Your CHANGES where LOST, the file was SELF-GENERATED
#
# this file is automatically written by the Kolab config backend
# manual additions are lost unless made to the template in the Kolab config
directory

This is inhabitual at the beginning of this king of file, especially if it
is 2 pages long :-)

I'm sure you understand what I mean.
Of course this is not very aesthetically pleasing, and don't fit well in a
slide presentation :-)

A disclaimer about the use of template could also included somewhere else
like:
- at the end of the obmtool
- in the bootstrap (with a  possible) "yes" or  "i aggree"
- in the log files them self (postfix.log for main.cf ....)
- at the beginning of the Jay Leno TV Show :-)

Best regards.

On 3/21/07, Gunnar Wrobel <wrobel at pardus.de> wrote:

> Hi Alain,
>
> "Alain Spineux" <aspineux at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Here,
> >
> > # this file is automatically written by the Kolab config backend
> > # manual additions are lost unless made to the template in the Kolab
> config directory
> >
> > is a litlle invisible !
> >
> > Maybe a good idea to replace this by something more visible like :
> >
> > Just an idea.
>
> I like your suggestion and I agree that it could be made somewhat
> clearer though I'd prefer something like
>

> #===============================================================================
> #
> #        THIS FILE IS AUTOMATICALLY WRITTEN BY THE KOLAB CONFIG BACKEND
> #
> #             MANUAL ADDITIONS ARE LOST UNLESS MADE TO THE TEMPLATE
> #
> #                  /kolab/etc/kolab/templates/main.cf.template
> #
> #                        IN THE KOLAB CONFIG DIRECTORY
> #
>
> #===============================================================================
>
> # (c) 2004 Steffen Hansen <steffen at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se>
> (Klaralvdalens Datakonsult AB)
> # (c) 2003 Tassilo Erlewein <tassilo.erlewein at erfrakon.de>
> # (c) 2003 Martin Konold <martin.konold at erfrakon.de>
> # (c) 2003 Achim Frank <achim.frank at erfrakon.de>
> # This program is Free Software under the GNU General Public License
> (>=v2).
> # Read the file COPYING that comes with this packages for details.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Gunnar
>

> --
> ____ http://www.pardus.de _________________ http://gunnarwrobel.de _
>
>     >> Mail at ease - Rent a kolab groupware server at p at rdus <<
>
> p at rdus Kolab work is funded in part by KDAB and the Kolab Konsortium

Alain Spineux
aspineux gmail com
May the sources be with you