[Kolab-devel] Rewriting the Horde::Kolab driver: Restructuring and caching (was: web groupware)

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Thu Mar 15 15:26:41 CET 2007

Hi!

I did adapt Thomas Jaroschs code to current Horde CVS now. This is a
first draft and it will be submitted to Horde in several splitted
patches.

Thomas Jarosch <thomas.jarosch at intra2net.com> writes:
> On Monday, 12. March 2007, Gunnar Wrobel wrote:
>> The code is available over anonymous svn at
>>
>> https://svn.pardus.de/kolab/horde-cvs/framework/Kolab
>
> I tried to get the code, but svn asks for a password.
> Could you please check if anonymous svn is working?

Anonymous svn on the p at rdus subversion server has been fixed and the
repository should be accessible now.

The current version available in the subversion repository has been
packaged for both the Gentoo and OpenPKG distributions. On Gentoo you
need to choose the development branch
(http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Gentoo_-_SysAdmin_-_Installation) and
on OpenPKG you need to follow the Horde installation instructions
(http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Kolab2_Installation_-_Horde).

For both systems the new code will only change the way Horde accesses
the Kolab IMAP server. It will now choose the internal PHP c-client
library instead of the PEAR Net_IMAP library which should provide
faster access. While all the code is in place for the groupware
applications (turba, kronolith, mnemo, nag) to get switched to the new
restructured caching framework this will only slowly follow
application for application.

Cheers,

Gunnar