[Kolab-devel] [issue1654] New LDAP overlay prevents modification of distribution lists

Gunnar Wrobel kolab-issues at intevation.de
Wed Mar 14 23:32:54 CET 2007

New submission from Gunnar Wrobel <p at rdus.de>:

A customer reported that he was unable to set an existing distribution list to
"hidden" (he was trying to remove abuse at his-domain.de from public view).

In fact the current LDAP configuration in combination with the kolab-webadmin
code currently does not allow switching the "hidden" attribute on a distribution
list once this list has been created.

The reason for that is that the new LDAP overlay "unique" introduced in this
change
http://kolab.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs-kolab.cgi/server/kolabd/kolabd/templates/slapd.conf.template.in.diff?r1=1.9&r2=1.10
prevents having the same "mail" attribute twice in the LDAP tree.

Modification of the "hidden" attribute on a distribution list changes the DN of
the distribution list and the kolab-webadmin code tries to execute this change
by first performing an ldap->add operation (which now fails because of the
"unique" overlay) and a subsequent ldap->delete operation.

The correct way to handle the modification is using ldap->rename within the
kolab-webadmin code. Patch attached. Please tell me if this should be applied.

I elaborated on this issues since I assume there might be similar issues hidden
throughout the kolab-webadmin code. Please watch out for any LDAP object
renamings (users, shared folders etc.)

assignedto: steffen
files: kolab-webadmin-distributionlist-list.php_unique-mail_20070314.patch
messages: 9939
nosy: bernhard, martin, steffen, thomas, wilde, wrobel
priority: urgent
status: unread
title: New LDAP overlay prevents modification of distribution lists
topic: server, web admin