[Kolab-devel] web groupware

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Fri Mar 9 11:26:02 CET 2007

Hi Thomas,

>> So step 1 (splitting of the Kolab driver) has been completed and
>> submitted to the Horde team for review.
>>
>> http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/?id=5097
>
> Looks fine. As the number of files will grow for Kolab, would it be a good
> idea to have a "Kolab/" subdirectory, perhaps even at the "lib/Kolab"
> instead of "lib/Horde/Kolab" level?

at the moment I only see an additional subdirectory for the XML
handling. I'm not absaolutely certain how the Horde team does handle
this in general. It might be that this requires an addition Kolab_XML
module within Horde/framework (so we would have lib/Horde/Kolab and
lib/Horde/Kolab_XML). From my point of view we can leave that decision
to the Horde devs.

> I'll install HEAD versions of Horde/IMP/Turba today and start to port
> the current caching code. What do you plan to do next?

I continued with step 2 and started importing your XML handlers into
the Kolab module.

(see http://projects.pardus.de/kolab/browser/horde-cvs/framework/Kolab)

My current plan was to take mnemo as a test case since it has the
easiest data format. The second patch I would like to send to Horde
would contain your Kolab_XML class and the additional functionality
within Kolab_IMAP to allow using these XML handlers. So far I just
imported the XML class and started mapping it to Horde::DOM (which is
necessary for PHP5 compatibility).

Feel free to contact me over #kolab on freenet, ICQ (275141552) or
skype (gunnarwrobel) if we need to coordinate directly.

Cheers,

Gunnar