[Kolab-devel] something is not good about kolab

ITSEF Admin itsef-admin at itsef.com
Thu Jun 28 10:07:04 CEST 2007

On Thursday 28 June 2007 09:01, Joon Radley wrote:
[...]
> Let me start of by saying that I think that the whole Kolab solution is the
> best open-source groupware available, but it will struggle against other
> open-source and commercial solution available in 2 key regards:
[...]

On the other hand, in my experience, Kolab also has one very strong point (or
at least had when we chose to use it almost 1.5 years back): As far as I have
seen, it's the only OSS groupware solution that wholeheartedly supports
*Linux* desktop clients, i.e. Kontact right from the start (if I leave the
NFS problems aside for a moment - that's a different kettle of fish). If I
take our users as a reference, a web interface - while important - does not
replace the desktop client. This was e.g. our problem with - then - SLOX,
where the desktop client support was poor.

Cheerio,

Thomas