[Kolab-devel] [issue1795] bootstrap fails to start slapd with Kolab 2.1.0 binary packages on Linux 2.4 kernel

Thomas Arendsen Hein kolab-issues at intevation.de
Fri Jun 15 15:08:01 CEST 2007

New submission from Thomas Arendsen Hein <thomas at intevation.de>:

With 2.1.0 OpenPKG binary packages from kolab.org,
Debian sarge system, P4 CPU:

When kolab_bootstrap -b fails to start slapd, I tested
/kolab/libexec/openldap/slapd -h ldap://127.0.0.1:389/
which immediately returns without starting the server.

After booting into a 2.6 kernel (Debian sarge 2.6.8-3-686-smp)
the above takes a noticable fraction of a second and provides a running slapd.

I haven't tried compiling from src.rpm with a 2.4 kernel.

messages: 10893
nosy: bernhard, martin, steffen, thomas, wilde
priority: bug
status: unread
title: bootstrap fails to start slapd with Kolab 2.1.0 binary packages on Linux 2.4 kernel